Scouts and Parents:
Here is a quick reminder about upcoming troop events. Please read through to find the events that are important to you and your scout!
- No Driving to Scout Hut: Spring Sports are in full swing at Mt. Bethel. For everyone’s safety, please park in the church parking lot and walk to the scout hut. Rain or Shine – park and walk.
- Swim Check – May 5th, 7:00 PM: Scout attending summer camp must complete a swim check. In order to avoid swim checks on check-in day, we have the opportunity to complete the check at the YMCA pool. Please bring $2 and your towel to complete the swim check at 7:00 on May 5th.
- Join Troop 1011 next Sunday, April 28th at 2:00 as we recognize four scouts at their Eagle Scout Court of Honor: Colin Peters, Preston Cobb, Jake Moultrie, and Trevor Caffrey. The entire troop is invited to participate in this Court of Honor.
Upcoming Troop Activities:
- April 22nd: Troop Meeting, 7:00 Start Time
- April 27th: Peter Marous Eagle Scout Service Project: See Notes Below
- April 28th: Eagle Scout Court of Honor for Colin Peters, Preston Cobb, Trevor Caffrey, and Jake Moultrie (2:00 in Fellowship Hall, MBUMC)
- April 29th: Troop Meeting, 7:00 Start Time
- May 5th: Summer Camp Swim Check at YMCA on Piedmont – 7:00 PM
- May 6th: Spring Court of Honor – Scout Hut – Start Time 7:00 – all families welcome
- May 13th: Troop Meeting, 7:00
- May 19th: Eagle Scout Court of Honor for Chad Hall and Sameer Joseph (2:00 in Fellowship Hall, MBUMC)
- May 20th: Troop Meeting, 7:00
- May 27th: No Troop Meeting – Memorial Day
Eagle Scout Projects:
Several scouts are about to begin working on their Eagle Scout Service Projects. Peter Marous has his first work day planned on Saturday, April 27th – please see this link for more information: https://www.signupgenius.com/go/70A084FAFA622A1F94-peter
This past weekend the troop started to move camping gear from the Scout Annex to the new Scout Gear Shed. Big thanks to Croswell Brim, Kevin Clennan, JP Croom, Scott Lehmann, Jackson Lehmann, and Jack Ghioto for spending Saturday morning starting this project. They made great progress in only a few hours!