Marietta National Cemetery – Flag Placement this Saturday, May 25th:
From Bob Donner:
Scouts from the area will again place flags at the National Cemetery in Marietta to honor those who have served this country as we observe Memorial Day. The troop will participate and I would encourage anyone who is not traveling, to take two hours on Saturday morning and join us. We all move pretty fast in our day to day and I believe it is important that we take moments such as this to step back and reflect on the sacrifices others have made on our behalf.
Quick follow up for Saturday
1. We will meet at 8 am at the Arch entrance to the Cemetery
2. If you let us know you are coming by 5 pm Thursday, Mr. Flowers will make sure there are donuts with your name on them at 8 am
3. At 830 am we will move to the area surrounding the flag pole if you are running late
4. Uniform is Class A
Camping Trip to Allatoona Aquatics Base – Friday, May 31 through Sunday, June 2nd: The troop is camping at Lake Allatoona next weekend. Activities on Saturday include working on advancement opportunities or participating in merit badge classes at the Aquatics Base. Merit Badges offered that weekend include: Fishing, Rowing, Small Boat Sailing, and Swimming. A flyer is attached with more information below. We do need some parents to join us on this campout. If you are able to join us, please email Michael Ghioto – email@example.com. Deadline to sign up is this Saturday, May 25th.
Medical Forms for Summer Camp & Sea Base: All scouts attending summer camp or should be working to complete the BSA Medical Forms. Please keep the following things in mind when completing your forms:
- Please include Parts A, B, & C of the BSA Medical Form. A doctor must sign part C.
- Please include a copy of immunizations
- Please include a copy of an insurance card.
- Provide two copies to the troop – and please keep one copy for your family – either a hard or electronic copy.
- We are asking all scouts and parents to turn in their medical forms for summer camp by June 8th.
- Shelley Zhang is coordinating the organization of medical forms – please email Shelley with any questions: firstname.lastname@example.org