Scouts and Parents:
Here is a quick reminder about upcoming troop events and other updates. Please read through to find the events that are important to you and your scout!
• This Sunday, May 19th, Eagle Scout Court of Honor for Chad Hall and Sameer Joseph. Please join the troop this Sunday at 2:00 at the Mt. Bethel Community Center as we honor Chad and Sameer. Scouts and families are invited to attend. Please see invitation attached – and plan to join us. The address for the Mt. Bethel Community Center is: 4608 Lower Roswell Rd. This is very close to Mt. Bethel Church – on the other side of Lower Roswell – closer to Woodlawn.
• Medical Forms for Summer Camp: All scouts attending summer camp or should be working to complete the BSA Medical Forms. Please keep the following things in mind when completing your forms:
– Please include Parts A, B, & C of the BSA Medical Form. A doctor must sign part C.
– Please include a copy of immunizations
– Please include a copy of an insurance card.
– Provide two copies to the troop – and please keep one copy (paper or electronic) for your family
– We are asking all scouts and parents to turn in their medical forms for summer camp by June 8th.
– Shelley Zhang is coordinating the organization of medical forms – please email Shelley with any questions: email@example.com
• Camping Trip to Allatoona Aquatics Base – Friday, May 31 through Sunday, June 2nd: The troop is planning a campout on Lake Allatoona at the Boy Scout Aquatics base. Activities on Saturday include working on advancement opportunities or participating in merit badge classes at the Aquatics Base. Merit Badges offered that weekend include: Fishing, Rowing, Small Boat Sailing, and Swimming. A flyer will be available soon with more details – but mark your calendars now for a fun weekend. We do need some parents to join us on this campout. Parents – If you are able to join us, please email Michael Ghioto – firstname.lastname@example.org. Scouts – please consider whether you have cooking requirements that you would like to work on for this campout.
• Marietta National Cemetery – Flag Placement on Saturday, May 25th: Every Memorial Day weekend, scouts and other volunteers meet at the Marietta National Cemetery to place flags on each grave. Troop 1011 has once again been invited to participate. Parents – if you are interested in serving as the coordinator for the troop on Saturday, May 25th – please email Michael Ghioto.
• Summer Camp Swim Test Make Ups: If any scouts were not able to attend the Swim Check at the YMCA in early May – there is an opportunity to get your Swim Check completed before summer camp. The Mountain View Aquatics Center offers BSA Swim Checks each Saturday from 2:00 to 4:30 PM. They are very familiar with the requirement and paperwork. Check in at the front desk and they will help you get it completed. Fee is $1.75.
• Scout Attending Summer Camp for the First Time: Harry Harris and Rachel Bailey are hosting a meeting for parents and scouts in the Whale Patrol on Monday night, May 20th to discuss how to pack and what to bring to summer camp. Any scouts who are attending Boy Scout Summer Camp for the first time are invited to attend Monday’s meeting. Parents – you don’t want to miss this meeting!